RULES AND REGULATIONS
Lease is subject to the following Rules and Regulations which are made a part hereof. Landlord shall have no responsibility to Tenant for the violation or nonperformance by any other Tenants of any of the following Rules and Regulations but shall use reasonable efforts to uniformly enforce all Rules and Regulations. These rules and regulations are changed and modified from time to time as landlord sees fit, tenant agrees to follow rules and regulations originally adopted and changes.
1. The first 4 front parking spots are reserved for client parking.
2. Only employees listed on this lease agreement are allowed to utilize the space. Any other employees must be approved in advance.
2a. To register an employee submit on a separate sheet and a copy of their drivers license, full legal name, address shall be supplied and submitted 48 hours before they are allowed to utilize the space.
3. Keep the kitchens clean and clean up after yourself.
4. The first 2 rest rooms are available for use. The 3rd bathroom is private storage and usage.
5. Please see lease agreement for Check NSF Fees and Late fees. Please be advised that if a automated check ACH is returned unpaid, we are not notified until after the due date and therefore the NSF fee and Late fee are both incurred.
6. Food shall not be consumed in the conference room. Tenants may use the kitchen for events with food. In the event that you would like to have a luncheon in the conference room, tenant must provide janitorial services to clean up the conference room at its own expense and receive prior written approval. Tenant must clean up immediately after use of conference room and return the space and equipment to the state and condition it was prior to Tenant’s use. If not, Landlord may charge Tenant a service charge and any other expenses required to restore conference room and/or equipment to it’s original state.
7. Cranbrook Loans employees or management must not be contacted for executive office needs. To talk to management you must call 248-270-7001.
8. Alcohol or drugs in the office is prohibited.
9. All dishes must immediately be removed from the sink and put away. They must not be left in the sink.
10. Food is cleared out of the refrigerator on a weekly basis. Please do not leave any food in the refrigerator overnight. Leaving food in the refrigerator overnight is done at your own risk. The food and its containers are discarded of on Fridays. Leave a dated note on your food if otherwise with a good till date, no later than 2 days. We ask that you put your name on your lunch bags. Sometimes 2 or more people use the same bags and it would stop someone from looking into your bag of food.
11. This is a non-smoking building. Smoking is prohibited in all areas of the building included but not limited to entrances, all common areas and offices. Cigarette butts should be disposed of in the trash in the exterior rear of building in the dumpster.
12. Please make sure each of your employees read these housekeeping items so that we can work in a nice clean office that everyone can be proud of.
13. Office sound level. Sound must be kept at a reasonable level, music at a reasonable level is acceptable, but it must not be so loud that it inhibits the regular course of business. The sound levels shall be confined to your office space.
14. If you want to refinance, we would love to help you with that and provide you with a quote.
15. All Common areas and walkways should be kept tidy. Please close all drawers and cupboards after use.
16. Please Do not leave any items lying where people could trip over or bump into them.
17. Building or equipment defects however minor should be reported immediately to the building manager at 248-270-7001.
18. Keep your office locked. Do not enter any other office without the office occupant present.
19. This office is not allergen free.
20. To add a refrigerator, space heater, fan, and/or electric/gas heat unit an extra $5.00 per month must be paid to support the cost of electricity. Please register your units and receive advance written approval before using them.
21. Only use the equipment that belongs to you, or your organization. Please make sure to register your business with Charter Township of Clinton for personal property taxes on your business equipment. They may automatically register you if you are listed in our directory.
22. Lost property, abandoned property, or property of tenants who are delinquent on rent by 30 days, will be kept for one month after which it will be disposed of. Tenants who are delinquent for 30 or more days and have not attempted to reach the landlord are considered to have abandoned their space.
23. Keep the fire exits clear at all times, the back door shall only be used for Emergency Exit use only.
24. Voip telephone lines are prohibited and should not be used on our network. Voip phone service is not supported by our network.
25. Please be advised, we do not staff a receptionist. You must make sure you are on time and available when you schedule appointments. Ask your clients to go directly to your office. We will provide a suite number on your door to identify your suite.
We are open Monday through Friday from 9am to 5pm except for certain days listed here.
New Year’s Day (The week of)
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
George Washington’s Birthday
Memorial Day (The week of)
Independence Day (The week of)
Labor Day (The week of)
Thanksgiving Day (The week of)
Christmas Day (The week of)
27. Office Door automatically unlocks upon first pass code entry during normal business hours except for holidays. If you need access during a holiday please let building owner know in with advance notice of 72 hours.
28. Tenants must make sure the office is locked when leaving if it is outside our normal business hours.
29. Access codes must not be shared with anyone. Tenancy is based on single occupancy and each person must have their own individual codes.
30. It is a violation to ask for someones code or to share codes.
31. If someone asks to use your code please let me know, it is a violation to ask for someones code or to share codes.
32. A harassment free and positive environment is our goal, tenants or employees of tenants with negative attitudes, or harassment of others may cause immediate termination of lease agreement.
33. The door in the rear is strictly for emergency exit usage only. Exiting from the rear door in the kitchen area for uses other than Fire or other like emergency is a violation of the lease terms.
34. Any property belonging to Tenant or their employee, agent or invitee, shall be at the risk of such person only and Landlord shall not be liable for damages thereto or for theft or misappropriation.
35. Canvassing, soliciting and peddling in the building are prohibited and Tenant shall not solicit other Tenants for any business or other purpose without prior approval of Landlord.
36. Any newspaper, magazine or other advertising done from the said demised premises or referring to the said premises, which in the opinion of the Landlord is objectionable shall be immediately discontinued upon notice from the Landlord. No sign, picture, lettering, notice or advertisement of any kind shall be painted or displayed on or from the windows, doors, roof or outside walls of the building in which the demised premises are located.
37. Firearms or explosives are prohibited at work unless approved in advance by landlord.
38. Tenant and their employees will conduct themselves in a business like manner, appropriate attire will be worn at all times. No person shall disturb the occupants of this or adjoining buildings or premises by the noise of radios, television sets, loudspeakers, musical instruments or by making loud or disturbing noises.
39. No electric or other wires for any purpose shall be brought into the demised premises without Landlord’s written permission. Electricity furnished by Landlord shall be used only for purposes of illumination and the operation of normal office equipment. Electricity for any other use shall be paid for by Tenant.
40. No bicycle or other vehicle, and no dog (unless seeing-eye dogs) or other animal shall be allowed in offices, halls, corridors or elsewhere in the building.
41. Landlord reserves the right to approve furniture and equipment being brought in by Tenant. All furniture, equipment or other heavy articles shall be carried in or out of the premises only at such time and in such manner as shall be prescribed by Landlord.
42. No additional lock or locks shall be placed on any door in the building without Landlord’s prior written consent. One key will be furnished by Landlord upon receipt of Key Fee by tenant, and Tenant shall not make or permit any duplicated keys to be made.
43. Tenant will not prop open any exit door(s) or ask cleaning staff to unlock any doors at anytime or for any reason. Tenant shall lock exterior doors to the building when entering or leaving after normal business hours.
44. Tenant shall not install or operate any steam or gas engine or boiler or carry on any mechanical business on said premises, or use oil, burning fluids, camphor or gasoline for heating or lighting, or for any other purpose. No article deemed extra hazardous on account of fire or other dangerous properties, or any explosive, shall be brought into said premises.
45. The demised premises shall not be used for lodging or sleeping or for any immoral or illegal purposes.
46. Landlord shall have the right to enter upon the demised premises at all reasonable hours for the purpose of inspecting the same.
47. Tenant shall not conduct business in hallways, lobby or corridors, or any other areas except in it’s office, without written consent of Landlord.
48. Each person must not use more than 1 parking space per person and not park in our lot overnight unless approved in advance. No box vehicles may be parked in the lot. No vehicles that take more than 1 parking spot may be parked in our lots. No Uhaul or rental business or the like may be operated from this office or parking lot. The max size vehicle that may be parked in our lot would be the equivalent of 3500 ton truck. For example Ford F 350 would be the largest size vehicle allowed in the parking lot.
49. USPS does not allow mail forwarding without registered PMB which must be completed by you if you choose by completing the following document. https://about.usps.com/forms/ps1583.pdf
50.Tenants are not allowed to use excess electricity in their office, office electricity use is limited to 1 computer per occupant and desk, telephone, and one cell phone charger. Anything other than these basic office items require advance approval. Tenants shall not use their office or office electricity for things like mining any bitcoin, ethereum, cryptocoin or the like.
51. Trash larger than a small basket 24 inches by 36 inches by 12 inches must be taken home or out of the office for removal. Trash larger than the allowed size is not allowed to be put in our dumpster.
52. Items may not store any items that are noxious or smelly. This prohibitions includes including but not limited to any item that uses the chemical or the chemical itself. No non office items may be stored in the office. For example, refrigerators, lawn mowers etc,. Any item that uses or smells like the following items to include but not limited to, Gasoline, oil, diesel fuel, chlorine, grease, or any other item that causes odors or fumes or could become dangerous. Landlord reserves the right to enter the the office and place prohibited item in the rear of the building without notice to tenant, and seek remedies including but not limited to damages and non renewal / eviction.
53. Heating and cooling of building is provided from 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday. A temperature of 72 is maintained in the Summer and 69 in the winter.
Tenants must make sure the office is locked when leaving if it is outside our normal business hours.
Access codes must not be shared with anyone. Tenancy is based on single occupancy and each person must have their own individual codes.
It is a violation to ask for someones code or to share codes.
If someone asks to use your code please let me know, it is a violation to ask for someones code or to share codes.
To request a different code please let me know.
If a tenant want to periodically change their code let me know and i will change it. Just send me an email requesting a new code to email@example.com
Our policy is to keep decible levels at no greater than 50-55. In addition, music must not be heard in the offices surrounding you.
Decibel level What we hear
10 dB Normal breathing
20 dB Rustling leaves, mosquito
30 dB Whisper
40 dB Stream, refrigerator humming
50-60 dB Quiet office
50-65 dB Normal conversation
60-65 dB Laughter
70 dB Vacuum cleaner, hair dryer
75 dB Dishwasher
78 dB Washing machine
80 dB Garbage disposal, city traffic noise
84 dB Diesel truck
Prolonged exposure to any noise above 85 dB can cause gradual hearing loss.
70-90 dB Recreational vehicle
88 dB Subway, motorcycle
85-90 dB Lawnmower
100 dB Train, garbage truck
97 dB Newspaper press
98 dB Farm tractor
Regular exposure of more than 1 minute risks permanent hearing loss.
103 dB Jet flyover at 100 feet
105 dB Snowmobile
110 dB Jackhammer, power saw, symphony orchestra
120 dB Thunderclap, discotheque/boom box
110-125 dB Stereo
110-140 dB Rock concerts
130 dB Jet takeoff, shotgun firing
145 dB Boom cars